The last observation was that in the new buses there are green seats just for the needy people like the elderly and there are 10 of them.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Explain in your own words, the FOUR key recommendations of the report.
The 4 key recommendations are:
1) Housing for seniors
2) Accessibility for seniors
3) Caring for Seniors
4) Opportunities for seniors
These four recommendations will make Singapore a elder-friendly place. Most of Singapore's population is aging and make the elderly happy and comfortable in Singapore by spending their time in activities. There are many people helping the elderly so that the elderly will think that they are not useless and be kept to use even though they are aging. The facilities are mostly for the elderly, helping the elderly and nurturing the elder people's lives.
State ONE way that the CAI report is recommending to make our public housing more elderly.-friendly
They are wheelchair accessibility in buses where now the plan is being executed.
State TWO ways on how we can ensure that the quality of elderly care here in Singapore is affordable.
1) Put a rule that the elderly must have a health check every 3 months for a week so, doing all the health tests.
2) Organise many campaigns including elderly and their family so that their family members will be even closer to them.
After reading the CAI report, what do you are the THREE things that you can do, as an SST student, to help overcome these elderly challenges.
1) We can organise CIP fairs for the maintenance and the food in old folks' home.
2) We can make gifts to gift the elderly in our homes, appreciating their use to the family.
3) We can organise trips to the old folks' homes and organise parties considering each and every senior citizen's illness.
Posted by priyanka at 1:51 AM
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
the third observation was in the train where there are seats in the corners reserved for needy people including the elderly. However people do not read the reserved sign and occupy them instead of offering them to the elderly people, thus the idea of reserving seats is not advantageous to the elderly
Posted by priyanka at 9:30 PM
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
The second observation is that there are many centres in the neighbourhood HDB blocks for the elderly to rest and have some fun activities more like a caring centres.
Posted by priyanka at 1:26 AM
Thursday, June 3, 2010
My first observation is where there are two vending machines for drinks in the Clementi Temporary Bus Interchange where most of the drinks are sold out and so there is a small variety of drinks for the elderly to choose from when they are tired or when they are waiting for their buses to arrive.
Posted by priyanka at 2:16 AM